Friday 23 April 2010

Edible Manhattan - food publishing cool





I came across this magazine a year or two ago, and have to say it is right up there in front, as the arbiter of food culture and food cool in Manhattan. I love the articles, unpretentious writing and fashion-cum-rock 'n' roll photography. The covers are awesome (they remind me of Face magazine somehow), and I feel they truly capture the spirit of the Manhattan food scene, without the pretentious foodie bullshit that is rife in other food publications.

If anyone at Edible wants a London voice - do get in touch...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why thank you, Urban Foodie! I'm really stunned by your nice words about our magazines. And don't forget to check out Edible Brooklyn, too! That's http://www.ediblebrooklyn.com. That one we launched in between East End and Manhattan. It had one of my favorite covers ever: A photo of a raw egg in the middle of a piece of white toast on a griddle at a breakfast restaurant called Egg. (I am headed there today, with any luck.)

Thanks again and please keep reading!
Rachel W., Deputy Editor, Edible Manhattan & Edible Brooklyn